Sunday, August 08, 2010

One and Two and Three and Four and get them sit ups right aaaand...










I haven't spent as much time as I would like to drawing and exploring in my sketchbook lately (here are few pages that I did manage to work out). Instead I've been doing more 'in-between' pieces, a) to sort of maintain a rhythm of starting and finishing work in a shorter time and b) so I can have originals to sell on my table at Fanexpo!! But its weird, I guess because it's sort of that added pressure of it not being in the sketchbook, its actually helping me figure a lot more finishing techniques. Kind of like when you do freeweights and you go for more weight less reps, yknow whattumsayin? (gym workout comparison, what?!...sorry, i just had three cups of coffee, and if you know me thats a BIG deal.)

Oh, and while I got you here. One of my bestest buddies commissioned me to design his very first tattoo for him, which I was super-pumped to do! The tattoo is probably only going to be done in line, but I wanted to mess around with some different techniques I've been practicing. Ended up with this happy accident while I was laying down some flats. I wanted to see what you guys think of it as is...if you had any thoughts or feedback on it, and also if you had any suggestions for what direction it could go in.


Hevv uh hah pee Son-d'eh urrybady !

9 comments:

Sam Wolfe Connelly said...

damn. yea, you really need to do more of this. awesome stuff

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! The way your draw profiles is stunning :)

Irma Kniivila said...

Boooooobs!

Scary androgynous boooooobs!

BTW. These are looking pretty rad. Nasty-rad. I'm coining a new phrase.*



*not really.

maryvangils said...

aahhhhhhh. The line work in that second sketch o_o
So freaking good.

Carlie Russelle said...

Nice Nim! I've always loved your sketch work. Pump it out! xx

chris makerewich said...

nimit. too good...all of it.

fee said...

ohhh love the one in the bath tub!

JuanCarlos said...

Ballin'''''''''''''''''''''

Nimit Malavia said...

Thanks so much everyone!!